lørdag den 1. december 2018

3 Weeks in SilkeViborg


 I packed up my parents car and drove off to Jutland to be a part of three weeks of the 3-month story course at TAW this year. And since it wasn't for too long, Emma and Smølf let me stay at theirs in Silkeborg!
I swung by hellovintage in Aarhus before finally getting to Silkeborg after hours in heavy rain. I had just missed Smølf in Aarhus, so he came home hours after me. When he did, we all sat and played a game like three spoons after each other. Very nice welcome!

Saturday was something very special. Smølf worked the season at the oldest running steam boat and he had gotten us some free tickets. So Emma and I drove on down to Himmelbjerget (the tallest peak in Denmark) to go on Hjejlen. What she hadn't realised was how far away from the docking area the parking lot was - so we sprinted as fast as possible down the entire Himmelbjerg to make it in time.


 And then we were off! Putting the peak behind us and Smølf below deck. Emma had baked banana cake and Smølf were cooking sausages on the engine.


The weather was gorgeous going into Silkeborg and it was fun to see the city from a different perspective.


It started raining on the way back, but that was A-OK - we just went into the royal suite and below deck to see how Smølf was putting the goal into the fire.


Off the boat we left Smølf for the remainer of his shift and walked back up the mountain. 


I wore clouds since we were going to a tall spot haha!


Class started. The other students were a little confused about my presence, but it was quickly very natural. I was glad that I got there in the beginning when they didn't know each other that well - it made it easier for me to come in.
Alessandra was the teacher for my first week and I really liked her approach - very hands-on.


It felt a little strange being back.


The same bloody telt-builders were there from last year. But the other people in the class were very different from last year, so that was good! Everyone basically ate at the canteen every day which was a change from the classroom lunches of last year.


I was so happy to be back to croquis.


But it was strange being in the same place without the same people.


Thursday I went swingdancing in Aarhus with my hosts! It was a tiiiiny event tho, so I was almost happy that Alessandra ended up having too much work to join us.


And with that, one week had passed.


Saturday Emma and I went into Aarhus again to meet up with Kristine.


We started off at Art Bubble, a comic book event that was being held that day. It was super tiny tho so we quickly moved on to a quick bite with Kristine and then to Aros. I enjoyed seeing the Danish art pieces and especially loved seeing the old nationalistic dresses on the women.


No trip to Aros is complete without Your Rainbow Panorama photos. It was actually super warm in there that day, which is kinda rare.


It was nice enough, but we were both let down over how 2 floors were closed off during the time of our visit.


So we hurried to get to the Botanical Gardens before they closed! It was a nice little place with big plants.


We then had dinner! I got duck and realised how Donald would judge me.


Final stop was Salling rooftop. I was hoping for a sunset as gorgeous as the one I saw last year with my mum, but we got flying birds instead!


Back for my 2nd week. Which was also the animation festival! So I stayed long days in Viborg and needed to get fed. Monday Naomi, Esther and I opted for cake and ended up bringing it to Simon Weisse's talk haha.


Tuesday morning me and Emma rose with the sun.


We were rewarded with a beautiful walk!
Tuesday was also my only trip to the cinema this festival and we watched Isle of Dogs - but not before having consumed pancakes.


That Wednesday I had a WIA/Disney Story video call with Zane Yarbrough... at like 4 in the morning. So that was interesting. It was great feedback tho!


I really appreciated coming back home to Emma to wind down even if it was taxing having to drive back and forth every day.


Friday night was the projection art!


Still really nice.


And the Matias came to visit Viborg! So we went to eat dinner on Saturday at the new Viborg street food place before heading to the animation festival party. There was a really strange and wonderful VR concert to start off the fiesta and then Daft Punk took the stage. Honestly it gave me a heart attack because even their heights were right - but it was a cover band. I had a really good time tho!


I slept over at Pietro's and went to the museum exhibit French Kiss in the morning before driving home to Emma. I think we played Caverna too? 
I had managed to forget my haori at Pietro's tho and he somehow couldn't find it - but it found its' way back to me on Tuesday.


My mint dress from Aarhus! And then it was the start of Inktober. I had fun with my witch girl and her world, but I really set the bar a little too high in my first drawing - it was way too rendered and then I had to stay with that style for the rest of the month. Proud that I managed!


We finally got to play some Mario Kart like last year on Monday of my last week before Matias went back to Ireland.


And some clear nights gave me shooting stars. Tuesday was a class dinner! I had bought some smørrebrød and the other really liked it - only they didn't try and eat it haha.


So I had lunch for a few days!
I made a joke to Emma one of the days, saying something like "If you came back from Germany and a specific carpet was missing from your guest room, what would happen?" and she just looked and me and went "you can have the Potter rug" haha!! So sweet of her and took me by surprise.


It was funny living with Emma, Smølf and Elizabeth those weeks as it was mostly jsut me and Emma who were actually home. One weekday I came back to find Smølf and was so surprised that I asked him what he was doing in his own home haha! So Hannibal became attached to me in lack of his proper owner.


We opted for a final morning walk and made it for more pink hues this time. We even saw a fallen dragon tree!


The colours had changed dramatically in the three weeks I had been in Jutland too. Something I really noticed when driving as the same trees looked more red/yellow/orange than the day previosuly.


And that was it! The end of me and Mireia's time at the course. The others got me cake and I was so touched. I would have stayed for a bar or something with them, but Emma and the others were leaving for Germany in the early morning and I wanted to say goodbye to them too.


So I returned to Silkeborg where an army of people were in waiting. We ended up playing Betrayal at the House on the Hill where evil mannequins were at large (played by me). Super fun experience! In the morning I relaxed with Jane the Virgin (which me and Emma had started binging) and Hannibal before driving back to Copenhagen.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely favorites post!, Appearance with informality content,

    today I have found your site, I fan of your site. You have

    to keep doing such an article even future.



    maaf kar do wallpaper
    jo dil me hote hai wo kismat me nahi hote
    love paheli in

    hindiwith answer

    SvarSlet