mandag den 26. november 2018

90s Costume Heatwave


I returned to Copenhagen to a July in flames. We were all dying and trying to find ways to cope - like meeting up at cafees close by bodies of water...


... or buying a garden pool so that you could literally be in the water most of the day. Which is what the Broes did and I took part quite a bit.


Summer does mean it's easier to pop colour on your body.


And we had one of the biggest sketch meets yet!
And even during the hottest summer ever I still took baths to relax.


My parents had sold the house while I was in Japan and by my return it had seemed so far off that we would soon be moving out. But after Paris it felt closer and I started to document more things - like this early morning sunrise over the open window on the slanted roof and a thunderstorm I videographed. The notion of "lasts" started creeping in.


I fell in love with this dress this summer, it was such a good grab-n-go.


I also went to the pool with Tina and Oscar and it felt like the whole world was there. I did some sketching tho, so I had a good time.


Friday July 27th people in Copenhagen went hype over the blood moon and abandoned all reason and plans to go gawk at it in masses - I went to the AHA concert in Tivoli tho, as I don't see another chance for me to experience that. And I saw the end of the red moon!


Afterwards I met up with Allan! He'd tried to join me in Tivoli but couldn't find me, yikes.


Smølf was going to Sweden to work and stayed over at mine. I found tickets to Grøn Koncert for us and we ended up driving down in Tina's car. All to live out my lifelong dream of seeing Aqua live. I was so happy! But also a little weirded out over how little everyone else seemed to care haha.


It was the most beautiful sunny day and we basically sat down in the partial shade and just listened to the other bands and chatting. And laughing over how the other attendees were saying shit like "the music they are playing in between the lives is so much better" and "why would you even buy the ticket to come here if you don't drink??". We stood up to watch D-A-D tho and I did some sketching - much to the dismay of the drunk people standing around me ("you should be in the moment!"). One girl repeatedly complimented me tho haha.
And then the beautiful sun turned to stormy clouds. It was dramatic and looming for a while and I even saw basically a reproduction of the Grimm up in those clouds! And then just as Lukas Graham came on and started singing "I take the world by storm" all hell broke loose and rain and lightning came down upon us. We were soaked in seconds. We made it back to the car and heated up fast enough not to get sick tho!


The 29th we went to the beach to cool down before I held a little goodbye party to the house. It ended up being a quiet event, but it was still a nice time with Vikingespil and food.


I felt pretty nostalgic seeing Oscar play on my old swing.


I tried to take photos of the things I loved about the house. The grape plant and the pear tree that always supplied more pears than we could eat. And the friendly squirrels must have known somehow, because they played around in the garden for ages one of the days that I sat out there, giving me plenty of time to take some final shots of them.


My hunt for a place to live turned into a full time job those weeks. I wrote maybe 2-300 messages to people every week and only ended up going to viewings 7 times. The places were all around time and I met some very different types of people and living arrangements.


The corner of this garden was very charming, which was funny because the rest of it looked really bad.


Taking a break from the housing stress, I threw myself into crafting for Genki with Stine. I had talked her into doing a villain to my w.i.t.c.h. and we were going to be part of a bigggg group!


I even got Olivia to allow me to destroy her little water spray to make the heart of Kandrakar!


 Genki was August 3rd thru 5th this year and our witchy group was on Friday! A very strange experience for me, since I don't normally wear my new costume on the shortest day.
After some wandering around in small groups we got together for the big shoot and Emma and I even took more photos on our own.

 
In the beginning of most every shoot I had this weekend I would forget to take off my glasses and had some shots taken before we all realised our mistake haha! And Stine kept almost forgetting her staff. The best instance was when she'd hung it in a tree and was leaving the con for the day before I yelled after her that she hadn't taken it down.


Saturday became the chillest day for me somehow. I literally did nothing. I had brought out Ponyo with Stine so that I could wear her one more time before throwing her out - it was part of the whole moving sorting.


Amalie crashed the con with her friend who was filming the cosplay show and we ended up watching the show together and catching up a bit, it being the first time we'd seen each other in over a year. I also went to Dudus' beard workshop! But afterwards me, Stine and Smølf were basically just trying to get people to stay for a party. We ended up gathering quite a big group and we had some token convention pizza. I got a lift home with Rasmus so that I could drive to the con with the car so that we could drive back later on... sheesh. But Farum is NOT well connected after midnight haha.

 

 I was actually super happy to get these pizza shots - it's become a real Genki tradition for me. Something that was really great about this year's Genki... was that I had actually been looking forward to it. It was my first convention since Wondercon in LA over a year previously and it was really cool to feel excited about attending a con again. It has felt like nothing more than habit for many years now.


I returned to the party in full swing, but after only 45 minutes everyone decided to leave - not even a rain storm stopped them haha! But we talked some other nerds into joining us so we ended up staying late anyway. 
Sunday Marie came and I wore my Mulan! I had put the final touches on her that I hadn't done those years ago at Geekcore and felt really good about the costume - and some people in the halls even asked if I was in the Craftsmanship competition, which felt really nice. It was crazy how comfortable I felt in her - and how little I cared about going braless for the costume. And I got some really good photos of her!


There was a reason that we waited until the end to do the lying down shots...
It was also my first year with a press pass! I knew I was going to be filming, so I didn't want to pay this year! And the video turned out pretty good!

1 kommentar:

  1. Lovely favorites post!, Yes!!!! I love this post!!, I fan of your site.
    You have to keep doing such an article even future.
    LOVE yours in this post!

    Best Funny Jokes in Hindi

    SvarSlet